The history of Ingotse High School dates back to the late 19th Century.
It was first established in 1928 as an elementary school by Church of God missionaries.
It 1948, it became an intermediate school.
In 1963, it became a government maintained
secondary school to serve Lurambi Division which then comprised Butsotso location,
Bunyala location, south Kabras and North Kabras locations. It entered candidates for
Cambridge school certificate in November 1966.
The school started as a single stream
which has progressively increased to the current 5 streams. Because of the good
performance, pressure is mounted on the school to introduce a sixth stream in the
year 2017 due increase in the enrolment.